Open Cell Sponge Rubber & Plastic Foam ManufacturerMonmouth Rubber & Plastics
We make it in America and Ship Worldwide.
Call Toll Free: (888) 362-6888
for Free Samples and Tech Support.
Airaflex™ CF is our INDUSTRY-LEADING open cell sponge rubber and plastic foam.
What is Airaflex “CF”?
Through a proprietary process, Monmouth Rubber can produce a cellular material and control the cell size and the quantity of open cells to closed cells.
Why Is This Meaningful?
The Airaflex™ CF Series allows design engineers to incorporate a seal that deflects with low bolting pressure to accommodate different degrees of compression within the same gasket and still effectuate a functional seal.
Airaflex™ CF is available standard in black; on special order in colors & with BioBlock Antifungal protection.
Airaflex™ CF is available in sheets, rolls, tape and with special laminations.
- Offers Exceptional Weather Resistance (10 year Accelerated Testing)
- Good Temperature Resistance, -40ºC to +120ºC
- Good Resistance to Chemicals & Alkalis
- Exceptionally Low Compression Deflection Resulting in Conformity to Varying Shapes. Also Prevents Deformation of Mating Components
- Airaflex™ is Manufactured Exclusively by Monmouth Rubber & Plastics Corp.
Note: some specifications that the Airaflex™ CF Series meets: Chrysler MSAY 522, Ty1 & TY2; GM6086M TY 1A (SUPER SOFT); GMW15473, TOYOTA TSK650G; WSB-M3G102-B2
All our open-cell sponge rubber materials are sold in partnership with gasket cutters, fabricators, and resellers worldwide.
Closed-Cell Foam vs. Open-Cell Foam
Foam is commonly divided into two types of rubber based on cellular structure: closed-cell and open-cell.
Closed-cell foam is created by forcing gas into the foam while in a liquid state. This causes the formation of thousands of tiny bubbles, each one completely sealed off from the ones around it. Because of the closed structure (hence the name closed-cell foam), these materials are much less permeable to water and air than other styles of foam, making it a great insulation material.
Open-cell foam is formed in a similar way, except the closed-cells burst open, leaving a spindly, interconnected structure. Sponges are an example of open-cell foam, being porous and absorbent.
Among closed-cell and open-cell foam, there are many variations we are familiar with in our everyday lives. We’ll outline a few popular types below, along with some of their applications.
Common Types of Open-Cell Foam
Poly Foam – This is a plush, affordable foam that is ideal for single-use packaging, as well as padding materials in storage. Poly foam can be used to protect delicate products like china, holiday ornaments, and other breakable items.
Rebond Foam – An incredibly rugged foam, rebond is made of shredded foam scraps that are then bonded together with adhesive. It’s able to hold up as padding in uses where other foams would fail, such as seating in automobiles, snowmobiles, recreational vehicles, and tractors. Rebond foam is also popular as a carpet underlayment material.
High-Density Foam – Open-cell foams with greater densities are more durable, and able to offer comfort and support for years. This makes high-density foam perfect for couches and seating cushions that receive a significant amount of abuse but still require softness and comfort. High-density foam is popular for mattresses and is also used in body wedges and pet beds.
Other types of open-cell foam include charcoal foam, which has a soil-resistant surface, making it a great packaging material. Acoustic foam is also an open-cell material, used to reduce echoes, reflections, and improve the sound quality in spaces. Reticulated filter foam is used in central heating and air conditioning systems to filter dust, allergens, and other debris; the open-cell structure allows air to pass through while capturing pollutants.
Underwriters Laboratories has a set of industry standards that it uses to test electronic components, including gaskets.
Team Monmouth's commitment is to bring ongoing value to our customers. We constantly strive to improve products and services that meet your needs and exceed your expectations. Please select one of our team members below to discuss how we can help you!
Cut It. Coat It. Form it. It will do just about anything you want it to do.
Whether you’re looking for open cell sponge rubber, solid sheeting or closed cell plastic foam, you can count on Monmouth Rubber & Plastics to deliver the materials you want.
TRUSTED & COMMITTED
The Bonforte family and Monmouth Rubber & Plastics assures our fabricators, GFR’s, gasket cutters, fabricators and resellers that we don’t compete with them, but offer tech support for them and their OEM customers.
NEW! Equivalents to any current or obsolete Rubatex, Ensolite or ANR stock Competitive Stock Number Equivalency Charts:
2. Durafoam™ Stocks Comparable to Ensolite® Stocks - View Chart
- REQUEST SAMPLES Rubber & plastic foam materialsRead more>
- FREE TECH SUPPORT Global support and Solutions Read more>
- TRASH FOR CASH Recycling Program Read more>
- "ASK JOHN" - Q&A With John Bonforte, Sr. Read more>
- IN THE NEWS Monmouth Rubber & Plastics Read more>
- TECHNICAL LITERATUREArticles, Releases & Data Sheets Read more>
- CONVERSION TOOLS Variety of different measurements.Read more>
- PRICING & SALES SUPPORTCall or write us Read more>
Neoprene was originally used as an oil resistant replacement for natural rubber.
by Monmouth Rubber & Plastics
Monmouth Rubber & Plastics
MANUFACTURER AND GLOBAL PROVIDER OF:
Closed Cell Sponge Applications Customers Rely on Us For:
- Air-Conditioning Seals and Gaskets
- Baseboard Heaters
- Dishwasher Gaskets
- Electric Sign Gaskets (UL)
- Humidifier Mounting Pads
- Lighting Equipment Gaskets (UL)
- Refrigerator Seals
- Sander Pads
- Sound Equipment Padding
- Stereo Speaker Vibration Pads
- Vacuum Cleaner Gaskets
- Washer and Dryer Seals
- Air-Conditioning, Heating & Ventilating Systems Gaskets and Seals
- Antenna Gaskets
- Carburetor Gaskets
- Dash Panel Seals
- Lighting Gaskets (Interior and Exterior)
- Noise, Vibration and Harmonics Pads
- Steering Column Seals
- Vehicle Trunk & Door Sealers
- Wiring Harness Gaskets
- Concrete Curing Blankets
- Concrete Expansion Joint
- Door Seals
- Electrical Box Seals
- Log Home Sealing
- Metal Building Closure Seals
- Pipe Wrapping
- Receptacle Seals
- Weather Stripping Lighting Fixtures
- Window Seals
- Air, Dust, Water Seals (Fire and Security Systems)
- Air, Dust, Oil, and Water Seals (UL Recognized for NEMA applications)
- Air and Dust Seals
- Ductwork: Weather strip and Air and Dust
- Gaskets and Weather Strip
INDUSTRIAL and RESIDENTIAL TOOLS
- Knee Pads
- Sanding Pads
- Air, Dust and Water Seals
- Interior and Exterior
- Hatch Seals
- Weather Strip
- Equipment Cushioning Pads
- Mouse Pads
- Back Pack Pads
- Boat Cushions
- Fishing Rod Holders
OTHER CLOSED CELL SPONGE APPLICATIONS
- Conveyor Belt Cushions
- Die Ejection Materials
- Rail Car Repairs
- Oil Seals
Our 54 year history in rubber and plastics manufacturing provides vital stability in a constantly changing rubber industry.
Companies know they can rely on Monmouth Rubber & Plastics.
QR CODE - MONMOUTH RUBBER & PLASTICS
MONMOUTH RUBBER & PLASTICS CORP
75 LONG BRANCH AVENUE LONG BRANCH, NJ 07740 U.S.A
INT’L PHONE: (732) 229-3444
TOLL FREE: (888) 362-6888
FAX: (732) 229-0711