Profile of an Innovator in Closed Cell Plastic and Rubber
For 50 years, Monmouth Rubber & Plastics Corp. has been a leader in the innovation and technology of cellular polymeric materials.
As a recognized leader and innovator of proprietary closed cell crosslinking technology and polymer blend technology, Monmouth was retained to do product improvement by a variety of companies. Some of these companies, in chronological order, are:
– 100% EPDM, low density, closed cell sponge rubber
B.F. Goodrich, Sponge Products Div. – Shelton, CT
– Neoprene/Vinyl Nitrile Blends
Uniroyal Chemical, Ensolite Div. – Mishawaka, IN
– IV-1 IV-5 Series – Neoprene/Vinyl Nitrile Blends – Ensofoam Crosslinked EVA Blends
Plymouth Rubber, Plymouth, MA
– Crosslinked Low Density EVA Blends
Sentinel Products Corp. – Hyannis, MA
– Polyolefin Blends, all types including Metallocene Resin Crosslinked Foam
The world’s first 100% EPDM, low density, closed cell sponge
In 1974, Monmouth commercialized the world’s first 100% EPDM, low density, closed cell sponge. Proprietary Durafoam technology allowed Monmouth to produce C191XLDS in densities as low as to 2.0 pounds per cubic foot. One outstanding, commercially successful application for this technology was as a sealing gasket for all Chrysler tail lamps. In 1979, Monmouth was successful in having Durafoam C191XLDS introduced at Chrysler as the only approved source under MSAY 527 A, B, & C.
Durafoam C191XLDS solved a major leakage problem Chrysler had on its “K” cars. Durafoam C191XLDS, with its attributes of softness, conformity and 100% closed cell rubber structure, allowed for foolproof sealing of Chrysler’s tail lamp gaskets. Monmouth was recognized by Dupont on its literature for this significant achievement and problem solving technology.
Backed by years of technical knowledge and manufacturing expertise, Monmouth Rubber truly offers a family of materials; a world of solutions!
Contact us now to put our rubber and plastic expertise to work for your company.
Intl: +1 732-229-3444 | Toll Free: (800) 375-1960
Team Monmouth's commitment is to bring ongoing value to our customers. We constantly strive to improve products and services that meet your needs and exceed your expectations. Please select one of our team members below to discuss how we can help you!
Monmouth Rubber and Plastics
Cut It. Coat It. Form it. It will do just about anything you want it to do.
Whether you’re looking for open cell sponge rubber, solid sheeting or closed cell plastic foam, you can count on Monmouth Rubber & Plastics to deliver the materials you want.
Durafoam, Duraflex and Airaflex are available in some of the following types of rubber.
Click chart image to enlarge full size ⇒
Durafoam, Duraflex and Airaflexare available in some of the following types of rubbers.
Click chart image to enlarge full size. This chart is best viewed landscape on mobile phones.
NEW! Equivalents to any current or obsolete Rubatex, Ensolite or ANR stock Competitive Stock Number Equivalency Charts:
2. Durafoam™ Stocks Comparable to Ensolite® Stocks - View Chart
- REQUEST SAMPLES Rubber & plastic foam materialsRead more>
- FREE TECH SUPPORT Global support and Solutions Read more>
- TRASH FOR CASH Recycling Program Read more>
- "ASK JOHN" - Q&A With John Bonforte, Sr. Read more>
- IN THE NEWS Monmouth Rubber & Plastics Read more>
- TECHNICAL LITERATUREArticles, Releases & Data Sheets Read more>
- CONVERSION TOOLS Variety of different measurements.Read more>
- PRICING & SALES SUPPORTCall or write us Read more>
Neoprene was originally used as an oil resistant replacement for natural rubber.
by Monmouth Rubber & Plastics
Monmouth Rubber & Plastics
MANUFACTURER AND GLOBAL PROVIDER OF:
Our 50 year history in rubber and plastics manufacturing provides vital stability in a constantly changing rubber industry.
Companies know they can rely on Monmouth Rubber & Plastics.